There’s no better way to channel a more romantic, simpler time than through music. Some of the most timeless weddings are those that appreciate the sites and sounds of the past. ?
Today, we are sharing some of the most requested wedding songs from decades past to inspire you in your wedding planning journey!
Whether you’re having a vintage inspired wedding or want to channel a simpler, slower time, music throughout the decades is a beautiful way to accentuate your love on the dancefloor!
Today we are sharing some beautiful, timeless songs from every decade that will be the perfect addition to your “must-play” list for your wedding reception!
The 1950’s was a time of celebration and excitement, making these songs perfect to get guests of all ages up on their feet and out on the dance floor to sway to the music.
- “Shout” – The Isley Brothers
- “Love Me Tender” – Elvis Presley
- “Unforgettable” – Nat King Cole
A time of peace and love, the 1960’s brings some of the century’s best love songs from icons like Nat King Cole and Etta James.
- “Do You Love Me (Now That I Can Dance)” – The Contours
- “At Last” – Etta James
- “L-O-V-E” – Nat King Cole
The disco age was a time when weddings became less formal and couples started incorporating more upbeat hits to their wedding!
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” – Stevie Wonder
- “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” – Randy Jackson
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” – Natalie Cole
Some of the greatest dance hits of all time came out of the 80’s and these songs are sure to get guests of all ages out on the dance floor!
- “Greatest Love of All” – Whitney Houston
- “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins
- “Africa” – Toto
From first dances to father-daughter ballads and even line dance songs, the 90’s brought a wide variety of hits that still get guests off their feet in 2022!
- “Endless Love,” – Luther Vandross feat. Mariah Carey
- “Because You Loved Me,” – Celine Dion
- “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston
So close, yet so far away! The 2000’s brought sweet, romantic love songs that are still huge wedding hits to this day!
And here we are
- “Just The Way You Are” – Bruno Mars
- “No One” – Alicia Keys
- “Come Away With Me” – Norah Jones
Whether you’re looking for an upbeat tune to pull your guests out of their seats or a nontraditional song to walk down the aisle to, you’re sure to find something that fits your occasion perfectly when you take a look back and time to appreciate all the amazing wedding hits from the decades!